Sunday, October 7, 2012

80 Days of Writing Round 4


80 Days of Writing Round 4
So, you know how as a college graduate I should be spending all of my time working on finding work and trying to get my license, yes?  Well, while doing that, I’ve decided that I’m also going to be doing this thing called “A Round of Words in 80 Days”.  Basically, for 80 days you write or whatever.  It’s a lot like NaNoWriMo, but instead of 30 days of intense writing, it’s 80 days of long, drawn out writing.  At least, for me it will be.  You see, I’m doing things a bit differently for ROW80.  I’m doing chapbooks this time.  Instead of working on writing one long, perfect novel, I’m going to be working on a serialized version of a novel, with about 5 chapters per novel.  It sounds easy, right?  Wrong.  It means that I’m going to have to know exactly where to end each chapbook, and I’m going to have to set a specific amount of chapters in each chapbook.  I said 5, but I think I’m going to go with 6 or 7.  It just depends on how the first book works out.
How is this different?  Well, this means that instead of trying to plot out the entirety of all of a novel, I can work on plotting out the chapbooks one at a time, which means that I’ll be forced to work in parts.  Due to my short attention span, I think this might actually be helpful for me, especially because if I get bored with writing the POV of one person, I could always use each chapbook to write from a different character’s POV.
So what is this?  This is my post of intent to participate in ROW80.  Wish me luck, guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment